1. Teenage pregnancies…and then the loss of the babies either thru abortions or violence. The healing touch of the Savior is necessary for all those involved.
2. Paul Tameling has been asked to bring some further teaching/training to a group in April.
3. Dr. Neil T. Anderson founder and president of Freedom in Christ Ministries is coming to Michigan in March to host a Biblical Discipleship Conference titled: Training the Body of Christ to be a Disciple. Neil says: “We have to equip the lay person to do the work of ministry. The approach of Discipleship Counseling intentionally includes God in the process. He is the Wonderful Counselor and the only One who can set a captive free and bind up the broken hearted.”
4. SFM USA is facing new challenges in 2012 with funding. A few major donors have re-assigned some of their giving and we are needing other members of the body of Christ to fill in the gaps. It is our desire to broaden and increase our base of donors in this year.
5. Dean Vander Mey, daughter Ellie Vander Mey and Todd and Kris Ponstein fly out today for Africa!
Africa Trip Itinerary:
Jan 26 Leave Grand Rapids MI for Nairobi ,Kenya
Jan 27 Arrive Nairobi, stay at Rusam Villa Guest House in Nairobi, Kenya
Jan 28 Fly to Kitali, Kenya to meet the Omwabini ministry team, travel by van 30 minutes to Kimlili, Kenya
Jan 29 Worship with Kenyan’s…….Dean preaching with Todd & Kris singing.
Jan 30 Build Orphan Home with community members. (funds were raised by a young gal who made bracelets and sold them!)
Jan 31 Build Orphan Home with community members
Feb 1st Travel to Uganda Boarder / Meet up with Emmanuel Kabambi/ Visit SFM/EA school in Buguri/ travel on to Rakai District
Feb 2nd Visit Tata school/ travel to Kasensero to visit God Cares Orphanage/ sleep in a Kiyrotera, Uganda hotel
Feb 3rd Travel back to Kampala early morning/ SFM/EA staff meetings/ lunch with SFM/EA Board/ Meet with chad Neeley WWCS/
Feb 4th Visit FOAS School site , Visit Shaona School site, Visit Oasis school site
Feb 5th Worship with at Emmanuel Kabamabi’s church , eat lunch downtown Kampala, head to airport & leave for home @ 11:30 pm. Arrive in US February 6th.